Points regarding the handling of personal information
- Applicants must supply their personal information to the sponsor of the contest by entering it on the application form when they submit their entries. The applicants are requested to decide whether to provide their personal information or not, based on their own judgment. The sponsor will not accept applications that do not include the required personal information.
- Personal information provided when the photo is submitted is passed to Kenko Tokina Co.,Ltd. (address: Tokyo, Japan) for the purpose of contest screening. Personal information supplied by applicants is handled in accordance with the rules prescribed below:
- Personal information supplied by the applicants shall be used within the scope required to notify the prizewinners, for reporting information in connection with the contest, and for making inquiries to the applicants about the photos they have entered in the contest.
- The names of the prizewinners will be published on websites, in printed material and other media related to the contest when the prizewinning works are presented.
- Personal information supplied by applicants may be used for personal identification when the applicants request that their personal information be corrected, including their addresses.
- The sponsor and the partner company shall conduct the notification and inquiries stated above.
- The sponsor shall offer personal information to third parties that run the contest together with the partner company and to judges, within the scope required for the management of the contest.
- To have personal information corrected, applicants are requested to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org No telephone request for changing personal information is accepted due to the possibility of error, particularly when recording names and addresses. The sponsor and the partner company shall conduct the required research when a request is made to correct personal information collected through the contest, and make the correction based on their research findings. The sponsor and the partner company, however, shall not perform any correction, research or suchlike in connection with the personal information of applicants other than prizewinners and persons who request to receive direct mail after the date for information disposal prescribed below has elapsed.
- The sponsor and the partner company manage the personal information, and take adequate measures to prevent its divulgence, diversion, alteration and the like. The sponsor and the partner company make every effort efforts to protect personal information based on their view that the proper handling of personal information supplied by customers is their corporate social responsibility.
- With the exception of personal information supplied by prizewinners and persons who request to receive direct mail, the sponsor and the partner company shall conduct the procedures to dispose of or delete the personal information provided (via the online application form, data for photo entries and other computerized personal information in connection with the contest) effective September 30, 2012. Accordingly, the sponsor and the partner company shall not perform any corrections or research in relation to the personal information of applicants, excluding prizewinners, after September 30, 2012.