Notes regarding applications using image data
Photos in the form of image data: image data captured and processed with digital still cameras, and image data captured, scanned and processed with film cameras.
The file size for each entry stored as the image data must be 5MB or less. (Larger files should be compressed before submission.) JPEG is the only file format accepted for entries submitted as image data.
- Entries must be submitted in the form of image data.
- Entries that are a combination of two or more photos are not accepted.
- The standard color space at the screening point is sRGB.
- Prizewinners may be asked to additionally submit image data in higher resolution forprinting, exhibition or the like in connection with the Contest after their finalization. We do not return the supplied material and media (including CD-Rs storing data) in such cases.
Click on the Application Form on this website, enter the required information in the form, and submit the completed form to us online together with your photo.
- Photos submitted for this contest are not returned under any circumstances, including withdrawal from the contest.
- Applicants are not notified that their application has been accepted. We do not respond to inquiries regarding the receipt of a submitted work. Please bear this in mind when you apply.
- No photo in the form of image data is accepted when any procedure other than that stated above is used.
- Transmitted data (photos in the form of image data and personal information) is managed on a server that is contracted by StudioGraphics, the partner company.
Judges: Shin Yoshino
The most distinguished of all entries is selected for the Grand Prize. In addition, 30 works are selected for the Selected Works Prize and 100 works are selected for the Special Merit Prize. No inquiries about the results of the contest are accepted.
||Number of winners
||Kenko Tokina Group products worth 500,000 yen
|Jury Special Prize
||Kenko Tokina Group products worth 100,000 yen
|Selected Work Prize
||Kenko Tokina Group products worth 20,000 yen (The awards will be determined by the organizer)
|Special Merit Prize
||Kenko Tokina Group products worth 10,000 yen (The awards will be determined by the organizer)
Special Prize by stages:
Top Prize is set every 3 months during the contest for encouragement.
Stages (Jun. to Aug. 2011, Sep. to Nov. 2011, Dec. 2011 to Feb. 2012, Mar. to May 2012)
1 winner for each stage, 4 winners in total
Award: Slik CARBONMASTER 723FL
(Manufacture Suggested Retail Price: Tax-inclusive price 65,625 yen)
Periodical Special Prizes will be announced on this website after each entry period ends.
*Kenko Tokina Group products given as prizes will be announced later.
*For further information about the prizes, please visit the Kenko Tokina website:
Prize announcement and notification:
The prizewinners will be announced on Sep. 2012 in the site of International Fair [Photokina 2012] held by Colon, Federal Republic of Germany, and on this website as well.
- Kenko Tokina Co.,Ltd. will notify the prizewinners by Aug. 2012. The notification will be sent to the e-mail addresses registered by the winners. The winners will be asked to return their messages of agreement within the specified period via the website mentioned in the notifying email. The winners will be disqualified if they fail to provide such agreements. Besides, Kenko Tokina Co.,Ltd. will contact the winners via email or other means if the company needs to confirm the photos.
- The winners will be disqualified if they fail to return a message within the designated period after prize notification by e-mail, regardless of the reason, including server problems. Please take special note of this rule. We ask that applicants take care to update their e-mail address on the web entry screen on this website if they change their e-mail address. The sponsor and the partner company accept no responsibility for any problems associated with a failure in e-mail transmission.